Table of Contents
Nonprofit donation receipt template is required by an organization that accepts donation. It contains the details of the donor’s contributions. For the donor, it serves as evidence that he made a contribution.
What to include on a nonprofit donation receipt?
You should include the following information to make your document useful and official;
- The donor’s name
- The date when the donor made the donation
- The name of your organization that indicates you are associated with your federal TIN and notice that indicates that you are registered.
- The total amount donated
- In case of non-monetary donations, write down the items and their descriptions
- A statement that indicates any commodities or services provided in exchange for the donation. Also, state that if there wasn’t any exchange involved.
- The name and signature of an authorized representative of your organization
- A disclosure statement
Other information to include:
Aside from the above information, you should also include the following information in your nonprofit donation receipt;
- Explain that how you used the donations. If there is monetary contributions then explain how you use the money for the betterment of your organization. If donations are other than the monetary, indicate to whom you gave the items or what you used them for.
- Demonstrate the objectives and goals of your organization. This will be highly appreciated by your donors. In this way, they can further know how to help your organization to achieve their goals.
- Include the request that motivates the donors to participate in volunteer activities.
However, these suggestions aren’t official but they acts as part of acknowledgement of the donations that the benefactor has given to the organization. When you include the above information in your receipt, it will encourage the donors to make more donations in the future.
How do you write a nonprofit donation receipt?
If you want to create the receipt template by yourself then pay more attention to the layout of your receipt. You can also add logo to the layout. This will make it easier for the benefactor to see the sender without having to read the whole receipt. You should make sure that your receipts are printer-friendly. Moreover, you have to make your receipt just like a letter to give it a personal appearance. Your template should be based on the charity type you are promoting.
It is important to make your receipt both professional and versatile. To make your receipt impressive, you have to do several things. You can do this by downloading a template. With the help of template, you can draft a perfect receipt for your organization. In addition, your donors will surely appreciate your efforts after receiving the receipt.
How to write a nonprofit donation receipt letter?
Along with a nonprofit donation receipt you can also opt to create a donation receipt letter for your donors. Here are some steps for you;
Likewise all letters, this letter also starts with the heading and contains the date when you wrote the letter and the recipient’s address. You can also add your organization logo.
A formal greeting:
Address your letter with formal salutation and just like standard letter, it should also state the name of your letter’s recipient.
In the first paragraph, you should indicate the notice of receipt addressed to the donor. In the next paragraph, state the mission of your organization and what your organizations do with the received donations. Then, give a call of action to donate.
In the end, affix your signature. After that, place a physical receipt either on another sheet of paper or at the bottom of your letter. You should also check Thank you Letter Samples for Donations.
In conclusion, a nonprofit donation receipt template is given by an organization to the donor when he made donation. Donor can also use this receipt to claim a tax deduction for household property and clothing.