31+ Free Bank Statement Templates [Excel+Word]
A bank statement template is one of the most common types of the financial documents that come from financial institutions. It connects to your account. You must have a knowledge about how to use them, when to use them, and even how to spot a fake bank statement.
What is a bank statement?
A bank statement is basically a summary of transactions. They are financial in nature and have occurred over a certain period of time. You can get this statement from your bank or other types of financial institutions. This document usually includes deposits, withdrawals, debit, and credit. Furthermore, they come in a written form send by the financial institutions through the mail. Most people require this document in hard form so that they keep them in their files and refer to them as needed.
Purpose of a bank statement:
The primary purpose of this document is to receive information about how much funds remain in your account. They have certain amounts that you have paid or received within a specific period. It makes yourself aware of your financial status. With the help of this document, you can plan your expenses accordingly. You can issue checks as payment for things you buy when you have confirmed the balance in your account via a bank statement.
Moreover, you can get knowledge about different types of bank schemes through this document. Banks typically utilize them to advertise their plans, products, and financial schemes. It is also used as your proof of your address. A bank statement is an essential document so you have to be careful during receiving one and ensure that it’s not a fake bank statement. You may also like Salary Slip Templates.
The advantages of a bank statement:
A bank statement provides you a lot of benefits;
- This document is used to apply for different kinds of loans. You just have to ask for the statements from your bank and then attach it to your loan application.
- For monitoring transactions, you can also use it. This bank statement template is also useful for your own personal use. It lists all of your transactions. When the actual bank statement comes you can compare it with your own personal one.
- In addition, you can use it to trace all of your transaction information if you see any problems with your finances. In case of any discrepancies, you can use it as proof for legal claims.
- It acts as evidence of all your transactions for the month. It is highly useful for business owners for making financial decisions.
- The bank statement is also used by schools and other organizations as prove that either their students have made their payments or not.
How to create a bank statement?
A bank statement is an official document and you can’t make your own. However, you can download a fake one for your own personal use. Later on, you can compare it with the one issued by your bank. You can get original statement directly from your bank.
Banks create these statements by using a lot of time and effort. To create the template, a team of designer goes through a tedious process. They have to make a meaningful layout that everybody will understand. This document should deliver all of the financial information for the account holder.
No one has authority to make a fake bank statement just for the aim of passing it off as an official document. This is because it is an illegal act and definitely you will get into a lot of trouble for it. If you require your bank statement then you just have to request for it from the bank. Then, they will print one out for you.
In conclusion, a bank statement template is used by banks and financial institutions to issue bank statements to their account holders. It is the important document that contains all information about account holder’s account.